Saturday, April 6, 2013

Good bye coaching

Now in one of my first posts I wrote about my rugby playing and coaching career thus far. Today I write that I have (for now hopefully) decided to stop coaching rugby and re focus on much more important things I think we can all agree on family. My Family the last two years have been nothing but supportive for me and I thank them for that. The program I was associated with was, los gatos youth rugby ( Losgatosrugby.com ) high school. Even though we struggled with filling out the roster the last two years, they were struggles everyone deals with when finding a clubs footing. Moving forward I know this club will do great and do some good things in a area of America where some of the best rugby is being played. This year we had 11 players all freshmen , and three others who are sophomore and juniors. Next years club will see an additional 6-10 new players moving up from u14 to u19. I leave knowing this club will be in good hands. Now I am also still focusing on trying to start a new college rugby club at a local junior college , De Anza College. But this time I will not coach but rather take a administration approach. A behind the scenes paper pusher roll if you want. I will "hire" a coach to find his own staff and coach the team to his needs. My goal to start play next year is to play in nor-cal D II level. So good bye to coaching and I hope to be back to the pitch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment