Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rugby supports Autism

A few months ago I tried to launch a fuinding program that I whole heartly believed in, sadly due to lack of funding and a major miss communication between me and the website it never grew to more then what was posted online.

for those of you who don't remember I wanted to create a crowdsource funding drive to support those in the autism community and to donate to non profit organizations who support those who are on the autism spectrum and there families. my own daughter who is 4 years old was dignosed with aspergers this past summer and to say its been easy for us as a family and for her going to pre school getting ready for kindergarten would be a lie. it has been hard and frustrating at times, but at the end of the day we love our daughter very much and as a father Asperger's or not I would do anything for her. 

We began attending autism walks events, group meetings, special guest speakers but I wanted to do more then the occasional donations and waiting till the next event. My daughter enjoyed watching me play rugby and loves tossing the ball back and forth. It got me thinking, how can I combine both rugby, a sport I love and something my daughter enjoys with a cause that I am passionate about and wanting do my part to support those who are also dealing with being on the spectrum or for those who have a loved on who is.

So here it is, the shirt is black and white with the LLR logo on front and Rugby Supports Autism Awareness on the back. if you are interested in a shirt contact me first with size and how many. they come in youth - adult. The website does not allow anyone to go on and purchase the shirt, sadly only I can but the company moves pretty quick in completing the order. once the order is completed and sent to me then it will sent out rapidly to those who purchased a shirt. I am sorry for the inconvenience but till I can find another seller/site this will have to do. you can find the PayPal button on the right hand side a picture also above, the set amount is $25.50 to cover all cost. there is no sales tax and shipping fee. If you can not pay through PayPal please feel free to contact me through email or any of the other social media sites.

I want you all to know that this is not for profit, all proceeds will be donated to the non-profit Autism Society .

No comments:

Post a Comment